NEED HELP AT BORDER/AIRPORT?
Avoid traveling abroad if you are currently within US borders — you may not be able to renter the country.
- Remember, you have rights. Refuse to relinquish them.
- Demand a hearing from a judge.
- Demand to speak to an attorney.
- Green card holders: Refuse any demands to give up your green card AND refuse to sign Form I-407
NEED HELP OUTSIDE OF US?
IN THE US? TAKE ACTION; DO THESE THINGS
- (Monday 2 AM PST) Most of the matches offered yesterday had a one-day limit. Will post more matching opportunities as I find them. Please note that there are several tools now up to help coordinate matches but they appear to still be based on yesterday's now-completed match offers (MatchingDonations.us and Donation Multiplier).
OUTSIDE OF THE US?
Muslim Ban Quick Reference
Countries included: Iraq, Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Yemen.
Quick status update: Federal court has ordered federal government to allow entrance of refugees and visa holders. Some Customs Border Patrol refuse to allow entry despite order (JFK, NY, Dulles, DC). CBP also reportedly refusing to allow detainees legal council in some airports (Dulles, Washington DC), as well as access to medication and other personal belongings (Dulles, Washington DC). Department of Homeland Security is also refusing to accept court ruling (Press release).
Restrictions on green card holders are being rolled back, per the White House chief of staff on Meet the Press. However, this is a relatively minor point of the ban. The recent actions of the new administration are being seen as the first steps in seizing more power.
- 18:28: Congressional Rep Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) plans to introduce a bill this week to block implementation of the order
- 9:25: Dissent memo from Foreign Service officers and other diplomats
- 9:35: Iraq considers retaliatory visa restrictions on American citizens (wouldn't affect soldiers, wold affect military contractors, journalists, aid workers.
- 11:35: Another executive order is in the pipeline that will force the Census Bureau to ask people their immigration status
- The adminisitration has fired the acting Attorney General of the US over her refusal to enforce the travel ban.
NOT ALL DETAINEES HAVE BEEN RELEASED.
- Nationally: Green card holders and student visa holders denied entry at the border or at an airport should call the ADC hotline at 202.244.2990. More details
- New York airports: Report possibly detained passengers to the State of New York at NY airports: 888.769.7243.
- Portland International Airport, Portland, Oregon: Call the ACLU of Oregon at 971.412.2258. More details
- Nationally: If you were detained at the border and asked for your digital devices, social media accounts, credentials, or cloud content tell the EFF by email at email@example.com.
Other Donations Needed
Complete Donation Matches
The International Refugee Assistance Project is coordinating lawyers to provide legal counsel at airports. If you are a lawyer, sign up through the IRAP form.
Other Work Needed
Protests, Actions and Meetings
Free Signs, Images, Etc.